Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Music to Write By... With Pictures!

About this time last year I posted a wuxia tale in 5 acts called "The Children of Gods". Since April of this year I have been expanding upon that world here on my blog with a series of stories. Along with these stories, I have been posting errata explaining influences and other various notes concerning the stories. It occurred to me recently that I should also post a list of the music I generally have been listening to while writing these heroic martial arts tales. Here is that list:

"The Children of Gods" and "At the Peony Tea House"
The soundtrack to Jet Li's Hero; composer: Tan Dun


"The Theft of Heaven"
Global Spirit by Karunesh, especially track 7: Earthsong;


Disney's Animal Kingdom - Music from the Park


"The Ruby Bug"
Theme to the HBO drama Rome;


Super Taranta (album) by Gogol Bordello, especially track 14: Super Taranta!


"The Elephant Crusade"
Live at Montreux by Ladysmith Black Mambazo



I'll be finishing up "The Elephant Crusade" this Friday. Sometime thereafter I will be posting Act 1 of "Song of Momoki". Be sure to watch for it!

No comments: