Friday, May 1, 2009

The Four Chambers of Xiao-tep -- The Fourth Chamber

"To Break Sorrow"

I was born without a fourth chamber. I have no right ventricle. No matter how I try to escape it, this is who I am.

Make no mistake: no matter how much I may have been shipped from the factory as damaged goods, my heart fills with love all the same. Where there is nothingness exists love for what I do, for what I write, for Xiao-tep and Comet Fox and Stavros and Led and every character I right. They are, after all, most times inspired by some person I've known, some incident I've witnessed.

Xiao-tep will enter a chamber of nothingness soon. A chamber he must fill. And he intends to fill it with love for the world.

This will be Xiao-tep's last, greatest struggle. I can only hope I do justice by him.

Next week will see me posting Act I of "Broken Sorrows"... the beginning of the new The Children of Gods novel! :)

"Father can you hear me?
How have I let you down?
I curse the day that I was born
And all the sorrow in this world"
~ Bad Religion, "Sorrow"

No comments: