Friday, March 27, 2009

The Four Chambers of Xiao-tep -- The First Chamber

I've been meditating upon a lot of things lately. Counted amongst those things is the next Xiao-tep tale. As I've said elsewhere, this is be the final The Children of Gods novel wherein Xiao-tep will be featured as a prominent character. He will evolve quite a bit, starting fairly early on in the novel. There have always been hints of Morihei Ueshiba-sensei within Xiao-tep and that should become immensely clear within this forthcoming novel. For those not in the know, Morihei Ueshiba was a master martial artist and founder of Aikido. It is said he had a moment of discovery and enlightenment one day wherein he came to understand that martial arts is not about fighting, but mastery of self so one may become centered and, ultimately, learn to love the world.

I would not compare myself to such an exalted sensei as Morihei Ueshiba, but my meditations have been similarly inclined as his thoughts.

I've made quite a few good friends in a very short period of time lately. Each has come forward to express care, concern and friendship to me in intimate ways -- from saying they don't want to ever lose me to simply hugging me whenever they've seen me. It's a beautiful thing to have friends.

I'll also be in California in just about 28 weeks. I'll see some friends I've not seen in 4 years; some I've not seen in 7 years; and a couple I've not seen in something like 14 years. I'm looking forward to seeing them all, to checking in with them in person, to sharing time and smiles together, to telling them I love them.

I've found my center recently in the simple statement I made within the personal essay titled "I Am My Pen". Now my task in life is shifting towards simply loving the world.

Xiao-tep will soon do the same.

No comments: