Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Blues and Politics

The Blues are a big part of my life. I listento the Blues most every day and have since I was a kid. It's been a few years no since I've decided to dedicate myself to the Blues... not that I had much choice in the matter. it bleeds through my writings. It's in the air when the TV's off (which is more times that not). It's in my clothes and on my mind 24/7. It's in my short stories, such as "Just Outside of Shining Happiness" and "In the Frontier of Loss". It's in the story "Soar", with its classism. It's playing on the computer now as I write this. Here are a few tidbits you may need to know about the Blues.



*** It is often considered the terms "Blues" may be able to trace its heritage to Celtic tradition where 'down' feelings were often attributed to being bewitched or bedeviled by 'Blue Devils'.


Son House


Robert Johnson

W.C. Handy


In the story "In the Frontier of Loss" the last three lines are lyrics from Blues songs.


Robert Johnson allegedly sold his soul to the Devil at the crossroads to become a legendary Blues musician.

Just some stuff

No comments: