Saturday, March 3, 2007

A Picture, A Scene from Soar

It's been a while since I've posted anything here. I've been slightly consumed by writing a novel tentatively to be named Soar. Last night, not wanting to write (my mind was bouncing around inside my skull with thought and tired from traveling during the day) yet wanting to continue working on this piece, I decided it was time to conjure up some images for the tale.

Below is the product of that venture. It's brief and sketchy. It's not meant to be much more than a mood setter, I suppose.

I'd like to make this into an animated gif at some point.

The character depicted is the hero, Led. Indeed, he has wings.

The weird finger-like things with blurred smoke coming from them are meant to be smoke stacks... like those of factories.

It's a very dystopic tale, i guess. I call it 'retropunk'.

I'm still alive. Drawing. Hope to get back to the writing soon.

'Til later,

~ charles


No comments: